Saturday 1 August 2009

Danelaw

I am back in London, after a much needed week out of the big smoke. We went on an exciting road trip which took us through Dorset, Somerset, Wiltshire, Devon and Cornwall. We saw Britain from it's very best sides. The wild rugged yet green and inviting Tors of Dartmoor, from which you can see the sea by Plymouth 30 miles away. Lands End, the end, or the beginning as the locals might have it, of Britain. The stunning coast line of Cornwall, surprisingly well suited for surfing.
But now I am back in my home planted forest of music instruments, my battle field, my sanctuary.
I am a bit more than half way through recording the album (I think), but there's still a lot of work to do. I really had not imagined that it would be so much work to make it. But it is. I think it will be good though and there is nothing else I aspire to do more in my life right now than this. Though sometimes struggling with adolescent impatience and "too much homework" feeling, I will keep working hard till it is done. Maybe another month before mixing starts.

I have got to go. Matt is coming over to record for the rest of the afternoon and night. Just a quick game of tennis before. Last weeks score: Matt vs Soren 6-3 3-6 3-6. Yes.

Sorenious

No comments: