Monday 23 June 2008

Is it a band?

I have started recruiting able hands to help me perform my songs, and it's going really well. I'm going to Cambodia for a bit over summer, but when I get back Klak Tik will be a live band too and I can't wait. I miss playing live so much and I'm really excited to see what people will think of my songs.

Apart from that I went to a family get-together in Denmark over the weekend and my gorky cousin of 18 damn near broke my foot in a brutal tackle while we were playing drunken football in the garden at midnight. Ouch, sports and alcohol. And teenagers. And near 30-year-olds, think they can keep up with the kids.

Oh, and here's a quote. From Watership down. I absolutely love it. I think there's a song in there, eh! Digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning.

"El-ahrairah, your people cannot rule the world, for I will not have it so. All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed."

Beautiful

1 comment:

Evan Payne said...

Great quote (Great Book!), but beware the perils of Watership Down Song Writing!
Even Art Garfunkel had a tough time.

Just a warning, meant in jest. I think you'll do a great job, your album on last.fm is still on loop in my ipod (5th time), so you've got the chops. Well done.